Fond du Lac
It’s more than a career, it’s a callingWI-Fond du Lac Regional Clinic Main
Fond du lac Regional Clinic is a 110 physician multispecialty group serving east central Wisconsin as part of SSM Health is seeking an Internal Medicine Advance Practitioner to join its clinic in Fond du lac, WI.
- Multi-specialty clinic serving the greater Fond du Lac Wisconsin region affiliated with SSM Health
- Fulltime position
- Outpatient practice
- Reasonable phone-only call rotation with after-hours nurse triage
- EPIC EMR
SSM Health offers competitive compensation along with comprehensive benefits.
- Excellent benefits and retirement plan
- Generous annual CME allowance.
- Malpractice insurance and patient compensation fund.
Fond du lac, a thriving community of just over 43,000, is situated at the foot of Wisconsin’s Lake Winnebago (a location that gives the city its French name), Fond du Lac is less than a one hour drive to Milwaukee, Madison (the state capital) and Green Bay – Titletown USA. This puts the city at the center of the state’s population concentration, an area with more than 3 million residents.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information contact:
Cati teDuits – Physician, Provider and Leadership Talent
Job Summary:Under the direction of the Clinical Manager/Supervising Physician(s), and in association with clinic staff, assists in the delivery of quality medical care.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Attends initially to a patient in any setting to obtain a personal medical history, perform an appropriate physical examination, and record and present pertinent data concerning the patient, including all screenings and diagnostics, in a manner meaningful to the supervising physician.
- Performs, or assists in performing, routine diagnostic studies as appropriate for the specific practice setting.
- Performs routine therapeutic procedures, including, but not limited to; injections immunizations; suturing and care of wounds; application and removal of splints or cast; and oral medications.
- Instructs and counsels patients on physical and mental health, including diet, disease, normal growth and development.
- Depending upon specialty of practice, assists the physicians in the hospital by making patient rounds, recording patient progress notes, compiling and recording discharge summaries, and accurately writing and executing orders under the supervision of a physician and with physician co-signature as required.
- Reflecting specialty of practice, abides by the bylaws, advanced practice provider guidelines, and other hospital regulations concerning clinical privileges, rules of conduct, parking regulations, and no solicitation. Does not participate in any activity that is not approved by hospital credentialing. Adheres to policies on “physician extenders” and “supervision of advanced practice providers in the hospital setting.”
- Assists in the delivery of medical care to the patient by reviewing and monitoring treatment and the therapy plans.
- Performs independently evaluative and treatment procedures necessary to provide an appropriate response to life-threatening emergency situation.
- Facilitates referral of patients to other appropriate community health care facilities, agencies, and resources.
- Issues written prescriptions orders for drugs under the supervision of the physician.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a health care related field and advanced certifications
- One year clinical experience
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications: Acknowledgement of Receipt of Application for Physician Assistant – Oklahoma Medical Board, Physician Assistant in Medicine, Licensed – Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR), Physician Assistant – Missouri Division of Professional Registration, Physician Assistant – Oklahoma Medical Board, Physician Assistant – Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services
Work Shift: Day Shift (United States of America)
Job Type: Employee
Department: 7062000166 IM
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.