2022-2023 High School Youth Apprenticeship Program – Lomira
Apply Job ID 21971 Date posted Mar. 15, 2022
Location Lomira, Wisconsin
Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
Quad is participating in the Youth Apprenticeship Program, offered through the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development for the 2021-2022 school year at the Lomira location!
Quad is a leading marketing solutions provider. The Company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Headquartered in Sussex, Wisconsin, our company has more than 70 print-production facilities Nationwide. With a corporate culture that encourages growth opportunities for employees, the Youth Apprenticeship program was created with that same philosophy in mind.
The Youth Apprenticeship Program at Quad provides High School juniors and seniors the opportunity to gain real-life experience and universal skills via work shadowing, company education classes and career based training programs. During this one- or two-year program Youth Apprentices will job shadow in various departments with teams of subject matter experts so they can learn where their interests and skills may lie when they join the workforce in the future.
This position starts at $15/hr.
- Maintain the academic and attendance requirements to participate in the Youth Apprenticeship Program.
- Observe company rules and other requirements identified by the employer
- Participate in progress reviews scheduled with mentors, school personnel and parent(s) or guardian(s).
- Complete program/company training requirements.
- Demonstrate maturity and responsibility
- Responsible for transportation to and from workplace.
- Meet the requirements of the particular program and demonstrate competency as set forth in the program goals.
- Meet academic requirements for the program including a passing grade/score in courses required for admission to the Youth Apprenticeship Program.
- Attend all scheduled shadowing and training under the Youth Apprenticeship program
What Youth Apprentices can expect during their time at Quad:
- Attend training sessions focused primarily on safety requirements, industry requirements and what to do in emergency situations
- High level rotations through different departments focused on production to learn about how each plays a part in the overall Manufacturing process
- Gain an understanding of the overall Manufacturing process, including product creation from start to finish and processes involved in creating a quality product
- Gain experience and understanding of planning process, how to communicate effectively and collaborating in a team setting
- Learn about Company Culture, Values, Leadership and other Manufacturing industry related topics
- Learn how various types of tools and advanced equipment and machinery, are used and operated
- Learn to read and interpret different technical drawings, work orders/job tickets, symbols, documents and manuals
- Learn the product assembly process, quality and safety checks and process for selecting different tools and materials needed throughout the product creation process
- Gain understanding of different types of machinery, job shadow how they are operated and monitored for correct operation
- Learning preventative maintenance techniques, troubleshooting and problem solving
Hour requirements for Youth Apprentices to obtain program credits (for Juniors & Seniors):
2 Year Program – Total of 900 hours min.
1 Year Program – Total of 450 hours min.
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace