Salary – $18.22 – $21.86 Hourly
Location – 160 S Macy Street Fond du Lac, WI
Job Type – Full Time
Department – Child Support
Under the supervision of the Child Support Director, enters court orders, maintains and interprets financial records on KIDS, the statewide Kids Information Data System. Analyzes payments received for accuracy, makes system adjustments when necessary. Responds to inquiries regarding financial records by phone, in person and through the mail.Examples of Duties
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all?inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
– Interprets and enters into KIDS system financial and non-financial court orders for new and modified court orders and makes any necessary debt adjustments.
– Drafts and sends wage garnishments to employers for child support orders.
– Drafts and sends National Medical Support Notices to employers for court ordered health insurance coverage for minor children.
– Identifies, corrects and updates various interface demographic information and updates the KIDS system with data codes to allow proper distribution of child support.
– Investigates and manually allocates funds being held in the KIDS system based on state-wide hierarchy guidelines per the daily Suspense Report.
– Responds to inquiries by phone, in person or by mail regarding KIDS financial records from other counties, financial institutions, etc.
– Based on interpretation of court orders, financial records and case assessment, performs on-line adjustments of financial records.
– Prepares certifications of arrears and payment histories for case participants, court officials, lending institutions, public housing, financial aids, Social Security Administration, etc.
– Sends letters to parents of 18 year olds regarding high school emancipation status to determine end date of child support obligation.
– Testifies at court hearings, as necessary.
– Closes cases in compliance with State and Federal guidelines and sends appropriate closure notice to custodial parent.Typical Qualifications
Desirable Knowledge and Abilities:
Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality. General knowledge of computer systems and accounting practices. Knowledge of commonly used family law legal terms and their applicability to court ordered record keeping and accounting principles. Ability to effectively communicate by phone, in person or by correspondence. Ability to process work efficiently and accurately under pressure. Ability to prioritize and categorize work duties. Ability to deal with sometimes hostile and confrontive clients.
Training and Experience:
High school graduation and 1-2 years experience in accounting, child support, law office or other position involving considerable public interaction and investigation. Education or training in use of computers and word processing.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the County may consider a combination of education, training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
Employment eligibility is contingent on a favorable rating as a result of a DOJ and FBI fingerprint background check; and verification of eligibility to work in the United States by completing USCIS Form I-9.
Please see the attached link for more information on our benefits.