Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking an Accounting Intern for Summer 2023. Society’s interns work 40 hours per week throughout the summer and flexible scheduling opportunities are provided.
About the Role
- Handles daily remittance scanning, verifying reports, preparing cash envelopes, and updating databases.
- Assists with bi-weekly accounts payable process.
- Verifies accounts by balancing daily claims check register and reconciling bank statements.
- Assists with journal entries, preparation of bank reconciliations, and validation of monthly reports.
- Verifies billing reports; mails daily refund and dividend checks
- Assists with Accounting projects, as assigned.
- You meet expectations.
- You are a team player.
- You are quality-focused and take pride in your work.
What it Will Take
- Pursuing an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or related field.
- Full-time junior or senior collegiate status.
- Knowledge of accounting topics.
What Society Can Offer Full-Time Employees
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- Education: Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.