Michels Corporation has been unlocking the potential of utility and transportation construction for six decades. Our operational crews depend on support from our in-house experts to advance critical infrastructure projects. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career as an Accounts Payable Specialist can change yours.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, your key responsibilities will be to review invoices prior to payment, reconcile vendor statements, perform data entry into system applications, and handle various administrative needs of the department. You must also ensure overall electronic organization in the Accounting Software system.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental and vision, competitive paid time off plans and much more!
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You possess excellent organizational skills
- You deliver exemplary customer service through interactions with others
What it takes:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 1-3 years of related experience (desired)
- Able to quickly perform mathematical computations (percentages, fractions, addition, subtractions, multiplication, and division)
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Excel and 10-key)
- Prior Accounting Software experience (desired)