Fond du Lac
|Job Title||Actuarial Intern|
|Employment Status:||Summer Intern | Full-time|
|Schedule:||40 hours/week with Flexible Scheduling Opportunities|
|Position Location:||Hybrid Work Model|
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking two Actuarial Interns for the 2024 Summer who will support the actuarial department.
About the Role
- Conduct Competitor Annual Study analysis.
- Conduct Conversion Strategy and Testing.
- Perform data extraction and assembling for predictive modeling.
- Prepare and validate data from IS to Accounting.
- Prepare Rate Level Indications and Reserve Spreadsheets.
- Prepare reports on iPartners to address topics.
- Assist in developing data transfer protocols with IS.
- Support senior actuarial professionals on adhoc projects and reporting.
- You are flexible and can handle changing priorities easily.
- You are an excellent communicator and builds rapport easily.
- You are cool under pressure and does not get easily flustered.
- You are bright and intelligent and deals with concepts and complexity comfortably.
- You enjoy working with spreadsheets and matrixes and understanding the data.
- You are a self-starter and enjoy taking the initiative.
- You are quality-focused and take pride in your work.
- You enjoy using logic and analysis to solve difficult problems and probes for answers while looking beyond the obvious.
What it Will Take
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in actuarial sciences or related field.
- Full-time junior or senior collegiate status preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with excellent Excel proficiency.
- 3.0 or better cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
What Society Can Offer Full-Time Employees
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- Education: Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.