Fond du Lac, WI, US
Job Title: Actuarial Manager
Employment Status: Exempt; Full-Time
Position Location: Hybrid Work Model
Schedule: 40 hours/week with flexible scheduling opportunities
(Targeting candidates in the Madison/Milwaukee/Green Bay market who will be able to work 2-3 days/week at the Fond du Lac home office and the alternate days working remotely from home.)
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking an experienced Actuarial Manager to join our Actuarial team. The Actuarial Manager will lead a team responsible for reserving, ratemaking, and special projects to achieve rate adequacy and reserve adequacy by applying actuarial techniques.
About the Role
- Utilizes and verifies data provided by IT to prepare ratemaking, reserving, and modeling analysis.
- Assists in the design of data structure necessary for the monitoring and reporting of results.
- Ensures that templates used for ratemaking, reserving, and modeling are correct as well as final products.
- Maintains clear and concise documentation of ratemaking, reserving, and modeling methods and activities.
- Provides analysis of ratemaking, reserving, modeling, and special projects to the VP-Actuary and throughout the organization.
- Ensures quality and timeliness of assigned projects for the team.
- Maintains continuing education requirements per Casualty Actuarial Society guidelines.
- Maintains staff by interviewing, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Monitors and mentors team members in development of their assigned project deliverables and appraises work results.
- You enjoy coaching and developing others.
- You excel at communicating in a concise, direct, and unambiguous way.
- You empower and motivate others to take greater responsibility.
- You are results driven and makes decisions that are based on sound evidence.
- You are analytically focused and enjoy making fact-based decisions.
- You are organized and easily assess data quality and can organize it coherently.
- You enjoy taking a systematic approach to making process improvements.
What it Will Take
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, or related field.
- Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- 8 years of ratemaking experience and 3 years of management experience.
- Communication skills to seek out details, express ideas, and present solutions to business and technical audiences.
- Knowledge of the property and casualty insurance industry and related business processes.
- Experience in commercial-lines ratemaking and reserving highly desirable.
- Track record of continuing education in the insurance industry high desirable.
What Society Can Offer
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- Education: Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.