Strengthening our nation’s power grid isn’t easy, but reliable electrical service is essential to everyday life. Every time someone charges an iPhone, cranks up the A/C or turns on a computer, we are busy behind the scenes making it happen. Michels Power, Inc. is one of the largest, most sought-after power delivery contractors in the United States. We do it all – from building transmission lines and substations to distribution networks and inside wiring. We also restore power after natural disasters strike. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career at Michels Power, Inc. can change yours.
As an Administrative Assistant, your key responsibilities will be to provide day-to-day administrative support under direct supervision. The Administrative Assistant must have strong attention to detail and maintain confidentiality at all times. Critical for success are the abilities to multitask, prioritize and project a professional image.
Why Michels Power Inc.?
· We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
· Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
· We are family owned and operated
· We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
· We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
· We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job title
· We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including Health, Dental, Life, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) plan, Legal Plan, and Identity Theft and Monitoring Plan. Depending on your positions and location you may participate in a different benefit plan.
· You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
· You relish new challenges and evolving technology
· You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
· You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
· You have a strong attention to detail
· You exceed in your ability to handle multiple projects at once
What it takes:
· Associate or Bachelor’s Degree, with 3-5 years of related administrative experience, or an equivalent combination
· Prior Internship or Full-Time experience working in a construction based or related role (desired)
· Experience in customer service (face to face and/or through telecommunications)
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite