This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by being responsible for the promotion of adult and online studies programs, recruitment of adult and online students, outreach to prospective students to assist in achieving their educational goals.
Student Recruitment – 75%
- Serves as an active member of the enrollment team and adult and online studies recruitment unit.
- Responsible for the recruitment of adult, graduate and online students for programs offered through Marian University.
- Performs regular and consistent outreach electronically, face-to-face, by phone, and print to prospective students.
- Effectively communicates Marian University’s educational benefits and opportunities to potential students, from initial inquiry to time of enrollment.
- Counsels student applicants concerning admission, partnerships, financial aid, career planning, and all information concerning enrollment at Marian University.
- Follows up on all new and continuing leads and student inquiries within 24-hours. Nurture past inquiries and stop-out students on a regular basis, prior to the start of each enrollment start.
- Advises prospective adult and online students regarding majors at Marian University by identifying each students’ interests and academic background.
- Develops communication strategies that will effectively promote Marian University and adult and online recruitment, including daily and weekly contact management.
- Assists the Director of Adult and Online programs in setting enrollment goals for adult and online students through research on past data and projections.
- Recommends and implements strategies to meet enrollment goals for adult and online students.
- Maintains recruiting operations by following policies and procedures; reporting back any needed changes.
- Manages student data in CRM for integrity. Maintains confidentiality and security of all information and records.
- Researches and provides accurate information about Marian University’s degree programs and admission procedures for prospective students.
Travel, Recruitment Fairs, Administrative – 20%
- Manages visits at community and technical colleges, college fairs, businesses, and other venues based on past data for the purpose of recruiting students.
- Cultivates and enhances relationships with partner institutions through visits and special programs.
- Coordinates on and off-campus recruitment programs and events.
- Performs unofficial credit evaluations for possible transfer applicants to the AOS undergraduate programs.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with enrollment management, adult and online studies, adult and online admission, financial aid, marketing and communications, and departments across campus to meet enrollment goals.
- Assists with new student registrations and orientation sessions when necessary.
- Participates in work-related evening and weekend events as needed.
- Positively represents Marian University and it’s core values to advance its strategic agenda to increase enrollment, retention and overall institutional quality.
- Maintains a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the University community.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned. – 5%
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Experience in higher education admission or sales preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Ability to travel and work with student in rural, urban, and metropolitan areas.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours to accommodate student needs.
- This position requires spending a lot of time on the phone with prospective students so the successful candidate must be able to effectively communicate by phone
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and register with the University as an authorized driver.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office and Web tools essential.
- Ethical comportment and high regard for confidentiality and security of all student information and records.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students to develop strong relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
- Flexibility with an evolving work situation.
- Willingness to support the mission and core values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Admission Counselor – AOS’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by January 20, 2023, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.