REPORTS TO: Extension Director
HOURS: Part-time; Non-Exempt
The afterschool teacher position plans and leads small group enrichment activities that will have an academic component.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Ensure programs, services and activities that prepare youth for success, promoting safety of members and quality in programs at all times. Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of the strategic plan by:
- Planning and leading nightly enrichment activities for members that give them opportunities to learn or enhance their skills.
- Leading activities in the 3 core program areas of academic success, character and leadership and healthy lifestyles.
- Promoting and stimulating program participation
- Ensure quality improvement by monitoring and evaluating program achievement against target goals, recommending modifications that respond to member needs and interests
- Reinforce expectations regarding student behavior and support the ongoing development of a positive learning environment and culture.
- Work with Johnsonville Club site director and program coordinator to incorporate site specific curriculum that will address social issues and interests that are specific to the Riverside community.
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- May attend field trips.
- May provide first aid.
- Assist in or handle special assignments or other duties as deemed necessary or important by supervisor.
- May need to sit in on meetings with parents.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff, volunteers, Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
- Teaching Credential
- Ability to demonstrate skills in development of academic activities
- Familiarity with various learning styles and modalities and a range of instructional approaches
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Must be able to function under fast paced and noisy conditions. Good interpersonal abilities-able to interact effectively with co-workers of all levels.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.