Fond du Lac
|Job Title||Agency Services Intern|
|Home Department:||Sales and Marketing|
|Employment Status:||Non-Exempt; Internship|
|Schedule:||40 hours/week during the summer|
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking an Agency Services Intern to join our team in the geographic area of Fond du Lac, WI! This position assists with maintaining agency systems and in business systems analysis. While also resolving agent and customer issues and providing front-line technical support for our Sales and Marketing software program.
About the Role
- Provides technical assistance for agency force and internal staff.
- Creates customer loyalty by enhancing customer experience.
- Supports the sales department by gathering information from agents.
- Lists and deletes producers and agencies while complying with state and federal laws.
- Monitors departmental e-mail boxes.
- Completes a variety of assigned projects and duties.
- You pick up on technical details and can adapt/learn new skills quickly.
- You build rapport well and are a good listener.
- You express genuine interest in communication with others.
- You are efficient and take pride in your work.
- You have strong communication skills in a variety of communication settings.
What it Will Take
- Pursing an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business, insurance, information systems, communications, or a related field.
- Full-time junior or senior collegiate student.
- Basic computer software knowledge (i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, Internet applications, e-mail, and PowerPoint).
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
What Society Can Offer
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- Education: Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.