Category: Seneca Foods
Location: Ripon, WI, US, 54971
Seneca Foods is one of North America’s leading providers of packaged fruits and vegetables with facilities located throughout the United States. Our high quality products are primarily sourced from over 2,000 American farms. Seneca holds the largest share of of the retail private label, food service, and export canned vegetable markets, distributing to over 90 countries. Products are also sold under the brands of Libby’s®, Aunt Nellie’s®, READ®, Seneca Farms®, Green Valley®, CherryMan®, Paradise®, Pennant®, and Seneca labels, including Seneca snack chips. Seneca also provides vegetable products to other companies under various co-pack arrangements.
Seneca Foods in Ripon, WI is currently seeking an Agricultural Equipment Mechanic to join our team. Seneca Foods offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, paid time off and much more! Help us make our Farm Fresh Goodness Great!
The Agriculture Mechanic will monitor product flow during harvesting to ensure uninterrupted flow to the plants and relieve Harvestor Operators when necessary. The Ag Mechanic is also responsible for the preventative maintenance of harvesting equipment during the off-season in preparation for the upcoming harvest.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate, maintain and repair a variety of Agricultural equipment
- Troubleshoot breakdowns to determine the cause of the operating problems
- Make necessary repairs and maintenance to harvest equipment and related equipment which may include modifications and upgrades to mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems for diesel fuel equipment
- Overhaul and rebuild equipment during non-processing season
- Maintain cost control over equipment for budget purposes
- Maintenance in other areas of the facility when needed
- Responsible for maintaining an even, constant and sufficient flow of product of a quality that meets or exceeds company standards during harvest season
- Ensure that GMP’s (General Manufacturing Practices), safety rules and regulations are being followed and enforced
- Work in conjunction with Area Supervisors to maintain production and quality
- Supervise assigned seasonal employees during seasonal harvest operations
- One (1) to three (3) years of related mechanical experience.
- Must have valid Drivers License. A CDL would be beneficial but not required
- Basic use of hand and power tools is required. Must have own hand tools.
- Welding and fabrication skills would be a plus
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Ability to read and write the English language
- Reliability and dependability are a must
- Position requires extended work hours during the harvest season
Seneca Foods Corporation is committed to providing equal opportunity for all, through a positive and continuing affirmative action program. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status or any other Federal or State legally protected classes. Seneca Foods Corporation will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact us at ADA@senecafoods.com or call 585-495-4100.