The MICON Group, Inc. Preconstruction Services team plays a critical role in the development of large, complex energy, infrastructure, marine and transportation projects. The Preconstruction Services team consists of construction and technical professionals working with one another and with customers to develop creative solutions for turning construction ideas into reliable outcomes. Like our field construction teams, our Preconstruction Services team takes into consideration the safety, social and environmental responsibility, and the health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we work. We strive to make a difference in positive, respectful, and responsible ways. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career as a Design Build Project Manager can change yours.
As a Design Build Project Manager, responsibilities include providing direction and management for all phases of alternative delivery projects. This position is accountable for the contractual components of a project’s success, to meet or exceed the clients’ expectations, and to the timely and profitable completion of the job. It is essential to be goal oriented, organized and professional. Critical for success are excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to manage and work well in internal Michels and external partner and client teams, and quickly make decisions.
Why MICON Group, Inc.?
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental and vision, competitive paid time off plans and much more!
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- Michels offers a comprehensive benefits program, including Health, Dental, Life, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) plan, Legal Plan, and Identity Theft and Monitoring Plan. Depending on your position and location you may participate in a different benefit plan.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You proactively build and sustain relationships with clients and general/ sub-contractors, both while on the job and through networking outside of work.
- You like to proactively communicate with client and your team at all times
- You enjoy providing leadership and project management guidance on design build pursuits and project delivery
- You have a drive to get results
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering, 5+ years of project management, construction management experience, or an equivalent combination
- Construction experience in Infrastructure work, including, but not limited to, water, trenchless or federal projects
- Experience and understanding of alternative delivery projects, including, but not limited to, design build, CMGC, or progressive design build
- Experience in key project leadership roles
- Considerable experience in client management on project pursuits, as well as in project delivery
- Understanding and experience with win strategies, pricing and project scheduling
- Experience in technical writing
- Understanding of Scheduling, Estimating and Project Controls Software
- A valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles you may be driving and an acceptable driving record
- Travel requirements will vary but could exceed 50% depending on assignment and project requirements