Location: Waupun, WI, US
Shift: AM Weekend 7 AM-7 PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Level 1
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility’s quality, environmental, health and safety policies that are identified by our management systems
- Reads routers, and production schedules for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerance, and number of parts to be processed and when. Read special instructions as required. Records information for inspection and production using various forms, logs and computer systems.
- Monitors product for product specifications using but not limited to the following types of inspection equipment: micrometer, digital indicators, scales, contracer, Oasis, Tesa. Surface finish tester, pin gages, air od/id gages, optical comparators, and visual aids.
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to proper settings, feeds and speeds, temperatures, cycle times, pressure settings, air settings railsetting, probe settings, switches, control of pneumatic valve adjustments, feeds and speeds are in conformance to specification by using established standards.
- Utilizes statistical data to determine conforming product. Analyzes and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in determining cause of failure.
- Ability to start, shut down and operate VSI lathes, VG lathes, gundrills, and hydromats.
- Makes adjustments as needed including the changing of inserts on the lathes and hydromats.
- Operates overhead hoists, and hand jacks. Loads and unloads various types of containers, which in include but are not limited to pans, bins, baskets and trays.
- Proper use of tools and tooling storage systems which includes tool boards, tooling cabinets, and proper reporting when obtaining items from stockroom. Pre-setting tooling to reduce set up times.
- Ability to reads, interprets, and follows all safety rules and regulation while perform operations.
- Overtime is required as posted weekly and may be mandated for this position.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Must complete the Level 1 training, written and practical assessment.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Minimum of one year related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates and ratios. Knowledge of metric system.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES;
Operator must be highly motivated with ability to work independently yet be an effective team player. Operator must have above average mechanical ability. Operator must maintain exceptional attendance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk and climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Hearing protection, safety glasses and steel toe shoes are required.