Company: US6440 Sysco Business Services, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:7 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
Travel Percentage: 0
Pay:$59,600.00 – $89,400.00You may be eligible to participate in the Company’s Incentive Plan.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco’s Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com
The primary roles and responsibilities of the Payroll Tax Analyst is to provide proactive, in-depth knowledge and expertise related to all aspects of US payroll tax including compliance, reporting, analysis, research, reconciliation, testing, process improvement and the development of proper controls to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and regulatory compliance of all payroll tax activities. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively work and communicate with various cross-functional business partners, manage high-volume tax transactions while balancing multiple commitments, maintaining accuracy, and meeting departmental goals and deadlines. This professional will welcome a challenge, has the desire to champion projects through to a successful completion, takes ownership, follows through and willingly asks questions in order to have a thorough understanding of each process with the objective to streamline and improve processes where needed.
- Ensure all payroll tax activities are processed timely, accurately and in compliance with all federal, multi-state, and local tax regulations and FLSA labor laws.
- Responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of all tax vendor Monthly, Quarterly and Annual government filings, amendments and reporting including the creation and distribution of US and Puerto Rico employee W-2’s and W-2C’s.
- Accountable for verifying and updating federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and tax rates to ensure an accurate and compliant payroll system.
- Investigates, analyzes, and responds timely and accurately to tax inquires, agency notices and audits from both internal customers and external agencies.
- Identifies and resolves escalations and complex issues, provides root-cause analysis, and implements process improvements to prevent reoccurrence.
- Assists with various tax related payroll projects, system testing and implementations.
- Organize and facilitates ongoing training efforts for payroll team members. Develops and maintains process documentation (e.g. standard operating procedures, desktop procedures and job aids) to ensure a complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of tax processes. 5-7 years of experience in US payroll tax including ADP Tax Services and Workday Payroll.
- High School diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years of experience in US payroll tax including ADP Tax Services and Workday Payroll.
- US Multi State Taxation
- Certified Payroll Professional CPP
Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Payroll system implementation and testing experience a plus.
- Proven competency working with and understanding multi-state payrolls and tax laws.
- Proficient in Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, creating formulas, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently both remotely and/or in office settings.
- Ability to use office tools/software to communicate, train and work remotely.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.