Title – Aquatics Center Manager
School/Building – Aquatic Center
Number of Openings – 1
Close Date (11:59 p.m. Central) – Open until filled
Name – Bill Greymont
Title – Recreation Department Coordinator
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 920-906-6501
Position Start Date – 5/22/2023
Salary/Wage – $43,000 – $55,000
Terms/Schedule – Year-Round
Appointment Type – Full Time
In partnership with the Fond du Lac School District Recreation Department, the Aquatics Center Manager is responsible for the management and operation of the FdLSD Aquatics Center to maintain a safe aquatic environment, provide high quality staff professional development and quality aquatics programming for the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
A. Manages and supervises employees to ensure that the facility and programs are staffed, as required, to provide safe and effective programs.
● Recruits, hires, trains, develops schedules, and directs personnel to ensure appropriate staff coverage for all events.
● Reviews and evaluates staff performance.
● Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
● Conducts orientation and training sessions on a regular basis to ensure the completion of aquatics employees’ certifications.
● During the summer season, develop, coordinate, and supervise the facilitation of City of Fond Du Lac community outdoor pool operations and staff scheduling.
B. Manages the Aquatic Center facility.
● Maintains compliance with state regulations and certification standards.
● Enforces FdLSD policies and procedures relating to Aquatic Center use, programs, and facilities.
● Understands, maintains updates and implements the facility Emergency Action Plan.
● Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local, and FdLSD health and safety regulations.
● Ensures that the pool supervisor or designee completes daily cleaning/maintenance checklists and that all chemical tests are completed and required reports submitted.
● Recommends appropriate maintenance and custodial work
● Completes and submits Accident/Incident reports to the appropriate office and or agency.
● Assists with the supervision and safe operation of pool filters and chemical systems.
● Conducts regular inspections of the Aquatic Center to ensure cleanliness and safety.
● Maintains an inventory of all supplies and equipment ensuring first aid supplies are maintained and stocked.
● Assists in the preparation and monitoring of the program budget including purchasing and distribution of materials.
● Handles all facility use requests for pool usage.
C. Coordinates all aquatic program activities.
● Plans, coordinates, directs, and supervises aquatics programs, activities and special events to meet the needs of the community.
● Maintains and publicizes Aquatic Center program and facility use schedules.
● Maintains records documenting program participation, facility utilization and fee collection.
● Establishes new program activities, expands programs within the community and pursues grant opportunities in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
● Creates and schedules community swim classes, water fitness classes, and coordinates with the club competitive swim team.
● Coordinates and facilitates the curricular and extra-curricular aquatic programs including physical education instruction.
● Communicates and coordinates with the Athletic Director regarding high school athletic events, any problems, developments, conditions, or accidents/incidents that may require action.
● Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information to maximize Aquatic Centers usage by community and private groups.
● Develops and maintains positive collaborative relationships with community organizations.
D. Miscellaneous job functions.
● Keeps abreast of current trends in the aquatic industry and recommends local improvements.
● Attends personal aquatic and faculties professional development regarding best practice in aquatic facility management and health and safety standards,
● Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguard rescue techniques and crisis management planning.
● Ability to learn computer software utilized by the Recreation Department.
● Remain free of any alcohol or illegal substance in the workplace in compliance with Policy 3122.01 throughout their employment in the District.
● Perform additional duties and responsibilities necessary within the scope of this employment position as assigned by the Superintendent.
*The Fond du Lac School District reserves the right to modify the above job description at any time.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training certification
American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor certification
American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification
American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer
American Red Cross Basic First Aid
Pool Operator or Aquatic Facility Operator certification
(or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment)
Letters of Recommendation
Transcripts & Licenses/Certifications