Salary – $81,373.00 – $103,800.00 Annually
Location – 160 S Macy Street Fond du Lac, WI
Job Type – Full Time
Department – Finance
Under the general direction of the Finance Director and the Deputy Finance Director, performs various accounting functions. This position directs financial management and support functions mainly for the Human Services and Harbor Haven departments. This position may be requested to support various other outlying county departments with accounting duties.
Examples of Duties
The following duties are normal for this position and relate to the Human Services and Harbor Haven department, with various other outlying department support. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all?inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
– Assists staff with the administration, development and implementation of the County’s central financial information/management systems, including general ledger, accounts payable, budgeting, reporting, purchasing, fixed assets, address book and time and labor/human resources.
– In collaboration with the Fiscal Services Director, supports all Human Services and Harbor Haven software systems used such as AVATAR, ECS, EWISACWIS, etc.
– Provides direct assistance to external audit staff performing financial and compliance audits of County records and programs.
– Assists with the preparation of the annual County budget document, reviews for accuracy, completeness and conformance with established policy; prepares the statutorily required public notices on a timely basis.
– Assists in the development, review and implementation of county financial policies and procedures.
– Advises county departments by reviewing their accounting procedures and internal controls and making appropriate recommendations, while ensuring that they conform to all applicable laws and regulations.
– Assists the Finance department with maintaining the fiscal integrity of the County general ledger, budget and fund balances.
– Assists fiscal staff with accounting questions and reviews all accounting entries made by Accounting Managers. Supports Accounting Managers in day to day activities and works in collaboration with the accounting managers to ensure that we are compliant with accounting practices to meet audit requirements.
– Reviews and approves monthly and yearly reports prepared by Accounting Managers before they are submitted to the stakeholders per requirements.
– In collaboration with the Fiscal Services Director, demonstrates awareness of departmental objectives and priorities and complies with applicable departmental policies and procedures to make recommendations to department heads.
– Ensures that the Finance Department is apprised of new and pending governmental accounting standards and reporting requirements and their potential financial implications (GAAP and GASB).
– Makes recommendations regarding hiring, firing, and disciplinary action of employees.
– Other related tasks/special projects as assigned by the Director and Deputy Director – Finance.
Desirable Knowledge and Abilities:
Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board GASB) statements and practices as they apply to governmental entities.
Considerable knowledge of state and federal financial reporting requirements and guidelines and applicable laws and regulations, including Office of Management and Budget Circular A-87 and the Single Audit Guidelines and make recommendations on them in relation to the goals and direction of the County.
Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting with five or more years of progressively responsible government accounting or auditing experience, including supervision of staff. Certified Public Accountant license required.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the County may consider a combination of education, training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
Please see the attached link for more information on our benefits.