Fond du Lac
This position is responsible for procuring products (components and end assemblies) not manufactured in-house.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the supplier interface with a focus on performance, cost, flow of incoming materials and disposition of non-conforming goods on multiple commodities.
- Select vendors based on their commitment to quality, on-time delivery, and pricing; results are obtainable by final negotiations.
- Maintain procurement settings and safety stock for assigned suppliers.
- Actively manage inventory levels for assigned products to meet metrics by using lean concepts and effective supply chain management such as lead time reduction.
- Maintain close contact with vendors by correspondence, telephone and plant visits.
- Work closely with product engineers and marketing to determine technical specification for product categories purchased.
- Publish and contact top suppliers semi-annually with vendor analysis ratings and secure corrective action when applicable.
- Work closely with Customer Services to confirm dock dates and expedites.
- Other job activities as assigned.
Essential Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- High school diploma required; Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field preferred; 0-3 years of purchasing experience in an MRP environment
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
- General knowledge of ERP systems
- Knowledge of lean concepts such as pull systems, vendor inventory, consignment inventory and lead-time reduction programs
- Professional verbal and written communication skills with internal customers and vendors
- Strong negotiation skills; ability to multi-task; effective organization and coordination skills in a team environment
- CPIM certification preferred
- Ability to travel as needed
- Computer, telephone, and other office equipment
Personal Protective Equipment/Clothing Required (PPE):
- Safety glasses and hearing protection as required.
- ESD smock and grounding equipment as required.
(Not Applicable, Occasionally [1-33%; 0-2.5 hrs./day], Frequently [33-66%; 2.5-5.5 hrs./day], Constantly [>66%; 5.5+ hrs./day])
- Stand – Frequently
- Walk – Occasionally
- Sit – Constantly
- Climb – Not Applicable
- Crawl – Not Applicable
- Squat – Occasionally
- Kneel – Occasionally
- Bend – Occasionally
- Twist – Occasionally
- Use of Hands/Fingers – Constantly
- Reach Outward – Occasionally
- Reach Above Shoulder – Occasionally
- 10 lbs. or less – Frequently
- 11-20 lbs. – Frequently
- 21-50 lbs. – Occasionally
- 51-100 lbs. – Occasionally
- 10 lbs. or less – Not Applicable
- 11-20 lbs. – Not Applicable
- 21-50 lbs. – Not Applicable
- 51-100 lbs. – Not Applicable
- Speech – Yes
- Vision – Yes
- Touch – Yes
- Hearing – Yes
- Smell – Yes
High School or better in General Studies.