Express Lane Service Advisors help automotive owners care for their cars and understand the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with factory guidelines. The Express Lane Service Advisor establishes a critical and ongoing relationship with owners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Greet customers, obtain customer and vehicle data
- Determine nature of desired service and/or complaint. Promote the sales of labor, parts, and accessories without losing sight of the fact that you are an advisor to the customer.
- Type clear and precise repair instructions on the repair order for the technician
- Provide estimate for labor and parts.
- Communicate with dispatch to determine status of jobs throughout the day.
- Telephone or text customer when job is finished and discuss with him/her what was done.
- Cooperate with all other dealership personnel necessary to guarantee quality service.
- Coordinate with the manufacturer and/or extended warranty companies to get approval in advance of repairs and take precautions necessary to guarantee our payment.
- Be knowledgeable of the products we sell and the various warranties on them.
- Satisfy customer’s immediate service needs, use low key, high integrity methods to present additional needed services.
- Never lose sight of your ultimate goal: To get the car fixed right the first time.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Experience in an automobile dealership or independent repair facility a plus.
- General knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations.
- Professional appearance and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- The Advisor position is 5 days a week. Week days are 2pm-6pm with a day off during the week and Saturdays from 8am-2pm.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour