This position controls the entry of data into the MRP database used for manufacturing and costing of finished goods. BOM analyst oversees MRP system applications and reports discrepancies to the appropriate personnel.
Analyze and coordinate the necessary information required to maintain computer data base for assigned Alliance Laundry Systems LLC products which supports computer systems for finished goods requirements, MRP, inventory control, customer order entry, service orders, product costing and labor routings.
- Process engineering change requests by coordinating and gathering information from design engineering, manufacturing engineering, support engineering, materials, purchasing, finance, and service parts.
- Reviews drawings, spreadsheets, or material specifications to accurately represent materials and bills of materials.
- Creating or changing Bills of Materials for parts or assemblies by using reference data supplied by engineering and the engineering change notice.
- Coordinate effective dates for bill of material changes with materials group and planned bundles for timely updating to the bill of material file.
- Acts as administrator to the engineering change notice web site.
- Creating master data according to specified guidelines.
- Assigns part numbers for raw material and other new parts in proper sequence to ensure parts are numbered in accordance with the current part numbering scheme.
- Update work center parts list based off production line BOM audits/line rate changes.
- Create/Update Shipping labels/Serial plates information identified through engineering change notice.
- Create/Update material routings according to guidelines and/or manufacturing engineering.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and test new programs, working with Information Systems, Accounting, and manufacturing sites to ensure integrity of SAP.
- Maintain BOM, Material Master, Configurator integrity in SAP according to specified guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- SAP ERP Software knowledge preferred.
- APICS certification would be a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of an MRP system and how it functions.
- Excel, Word, Access skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong Analytical, time management, multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work with people in problem solving situations.
- Ability to take a project and work independently.
- Position involves sitting long periods, standing, manual dexterity, stooping, bending and minimal lifting.
Alliance Laundry Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and persons of all Sexual Orientations and Gender Identities.