Job Location – Ripon – Ripon, WI
Position Type – Hourly – Production
Job Shift – 1st Shift- Day
Job Category – Manufacturing
The Bindery inspector fills an important role in producing, packaging, and delivery of final product to our customer.
- Level One:
- Performs bindery hand work including collating, folding, labeling, boxing and wrapping packages.
- Inspects and feeds signatures into binder pockets and/or pocket loaders.
- Perform quality control inspection and package product according to customer specifications. Must be able to recognize poor quality of the following items: signatures, covers, inserts, stitches, glue, trim of books, inkjetting, tabbing, and drilling. Required to fix or report all deviations / problems immediately to the binder operator, or in his/her absence, the supervisor.
- Performs Inkjet take off and is qualified to zip sort, bags/tags mailings.
- Use maintain, and support Lean activities such as 5S, TPM tasks, and MDI
- Follows all required safety procedures such as: PPE’s, Ergonomics, Chemical
- Hazards, etc. Performs job in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees.
- Level Two:
- Qualified to do basic set up of pocket on at least one of the binders.
- Assist with the set up and operation of auxiliary equipment (i.e. drills, tabbers, box stenciler, and arpac, etc.)
- Accurately enter job data into system and complete jobs as required for billing and customer purposes
- Create accurate skid flags for counts and destination
- Book checks offline machines
- As directed.
- Assist with agency employees
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Must be able to use hands for a variety of repetitive material handling tasks about 90% of an 8-hour shift. Constantly
- Must be able to constantly stand for up to 8 hours.
- Lifting between eight and 50 pounds from waist level and carry at waist level up to four feet on a frequent basis
- Lifting between eight and 50 pounds from waist level and carry at waist level up to four feet and lift above shoulder height and place it on a stack on an occasional basis
- Pick up, grasp and turn/rotate 4 to 8 pound handfuls of product on a constant basis
- Kneel and squat to do work on an occasional basis
- High School Diploma
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to use hands for a variety of repetitive material handling tasks about 90% of an 8-hour shift.
- Must be able to regularly lift and move materials weighing between five and 50 pounds.
- Demonstrates a conscious concern for quality.
- Ability to follow directions and function in a teamwork environment.