As a Bindery Operator II, you will read and understand bindery ticket instructions and all forms of written instructions to perform duties that will ensure a quality product produced in a safe and efficient manner.
- Set up, run, and maintain assigned machinery.
- Troubleshoot assigned machinery according to company procedures and practices to assure efficiency and quality to meet the required production schedule.
- Read and understand the written information pertaining to the job.
- Strive to meet or exceed departmental and company goals.
- Maintain accurate counts.
- Move and organize scheduled work for assigned machinery.
- Assist in training new Bindery Operators.
- Monitor production and quality to make recommendations on process improvements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to remain organized and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to learn computer applications as necessary for the position.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow verbal and written instructions, work procedures and other related materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong customer service skills.
- Must communicate appropriate information accurately and clearly as needed.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Required to sit, stand or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects or use controls, tools or equipment.
- May require the ability to use a keyboard and other office equipment.
- May require specific vision abilities that include close vision.
- May be required to perform concentrated work for extended periods of time.
- May be required to lift, carry or exert items or objects of reasonable weight.
- May be required to perform duties beyond standard business hours.
- High School Diploma and high degree of mechanical competency.