Fond du Lac
Are you ready for what’s next?
Come explore opportunities within Brunswick, a global marine leader committed to challenging conventions and innovating next-generation technologies that transform experiences on the water and beyond. Brunswick believes “Next Never Rests™,” and we offer a variety of exciting careers and growth opportunities within united teams defining the future of marine recreation.
The Brand Manager – Racing is responsible for working with internal and external partners to manage brand and product launch and sustainment campaigns, additions to guidelines and assets, and communication plans for the Mercury Racing business, which is focused on the ultra-premium luxury sport marine market. You are the expert of brand identity and guiding principles and use that expertise to lead brand-related projects across the organization.
This role will be responsible for the development of strategies and directing brand execution through innovative marketing programs designed to support both B2C and B2B engagement. The role is integral to fueling continued growth for the Mercury Marine portfolio of brands and will be responsible for delivering optimal marketing impact and increased customer value.
- Lead development and execution of global brand strategy and positioning for the Mercury Racing business inclusive of both competition support, events such as poker runs and product launches across engines and propellers.
- Partner with the Brand Marketing Director to design and implement brand strategies, including brand product positioning, brand messaging, message hierarchy, and communications to build brand awareness and consideration to drive business goals
- Lead the development of annual marketing strategies, campaigns and execution of marketing plans for existing and new products which address all aspects of the marketing mix including packaging, new product development and launch, digital, promotion, market research, advertising, and media. Inherent in this responsibility is working closely with all internal and external functions to translate long-term strategy into highly effective annual marketing strategies and tactics.
- Develop in-depth understanding and become an expert in the category – the business environment in which our brand competes and competitors we compete against. Responsible for global definition of audiences, segments and personas the brand seeks to serve. The Mercury Racing support efforts need to have a keen understanding of integration efforts within Merciry as well as what is retained separate as its own brand.
- Be the expert on our audiences, customer insights, and business objectives and use this knowledge to inform brand strategy and content that drive the business and brand forward.
- Partner with Consumer Insights to develop learning agenda and actionable insights. Use those qualitative and quantitative insights to influence brand strategy, positioning, activations, and messaging
- Lead product launches, working cross-functionally with Product, Regional Marketing, Marketing Services and Digital teams and the sustainment efforts to support the business throughout the year
- Responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and measuring the effectiveness of brand campaign performance and external brand competition and developing insights
- Assist in developing and monitoring marketing budget for assigned brand(s) that feeds into overall marketing budget
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Excel in problem solving, innovation, team participation, and self-motivation.
- Demonstrates being a team player, not inclusive to, hitting project targets and deadlines to achieve business growth
- Demonstrates the willingness to challenge the status quo and constructively drive change while fostering teamwork and core corporate values
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders including product management, technical support, customer service, sales and marketing
- Prompt response time to all internal and external customer inquiries and directives
- Strong strategic perspective. Keen view of the external environment including general trends impacting the business, competitive awareness, and an understanding of both consumers and customers
- Business owner mentality comfortable with high levels of autonomy and a passion to drive their assigned brand(s)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze large sets of data, identify insights, and build compelling strategic plans
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 6-10 years of leadership in brand/marketing management for consumer products
- Strong track record of experience with both B2B and B2C marketing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in directing the creative process for integrated marketing campaigns
- Ability to persuasively present ideas to colleagues and senior management
- Skilled at managing large projects and meeting deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time to trade shows, events and races
- Marine experience a plus
Next is Now!
We value growth and development, recognizing that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.