It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
The overall opportunity – Business Development Manager (BDM) – Mercury Marine
Work for the undisputed leader in the Marine Industry! Mercury Marine, a Division of Brunswick based in Wisconsin, offers a unique, fun and rewarding work environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance in the Marine segment of the recreational industry. Mercury’s work environment is fast-paced, competitive, and high-energy. Under the direction and supervision of the Regional Business Director, the Business Development Manager (BDM) will manage and grow the Mercury Marine Independent Boatbuilder network within his/her sales zone through building strategic relationships with current and future customers. The successful BDM will coach, consult, develop and grow sales volume, market share, and profitability that meets the objectives of Mercury Marine. Additional responsibilities include developing a strategy to service existing accounts; develop new business; monitor weekly reports; work in National, Regional and local boat shows; attend sales meetings; and utilize computer and forecasting tools.
This specific opportunity – Independent Boatbuilder BDM for Atlantic coast from South Carolina through the North East
The selected candidate will live in one of the states in the market.
The BDM is the principal selling agent within the assigned sales territory for Mercury Marine and is responsible for achieving the established short and long-range sales goals and objectives. The BDM must assure that sales and marketing activities within the territory comply with Mercury corporate policies and procedures.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with existing Mercury Marine independent boat builder partners as well as develop prospective new opportunities.
• Outstanding commitment to the long-term development of Mercury independent boat builder partners. Must exemplify a proven ability to coach, manage, consult and grow sales with specific and measurable objectives. A strong business acumen is essential.
• Internal and external expert of customer, prospective, competitive and market intelligence information. The BDM represents the eyes and ears of the company.
• Must be a skilled listener, mediator, and negotiator while accomplishing goals and protecting interests.
• Must have a proven track record of exceeding sales and market share goals and demonstrate an intense motivation to sell and grow the business.
• Develop sales strategies, techniques, tactics and training of product knowledge based on customer feedback and the market environment. Must be able to present key selling points, features and benefits while focusing on exceeding customer needs and expectations.
• Ability to travel to multiple Mercury boat builder partner locations within the assigned territory. At least 50% overnight travel is required.
• Communicate customer requirements and request support from other departments as necessary to assist in achieving established objectives. Must have strong cross-functional skills.
• Work jointly with assigned inside customer account representatives, service personnel, and credit personnel to achieve territory sales goals.
• Attending Mercury sponsored events, boat-shows, open-houses, and dealer events on the weekend is considered common.
Basic Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing, or equivalent.
• Minimum 3+ years of related work experience within the Marine Industry, Recreational Industry, or in the areas of Sales, Business or Marketing.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint) Internet/Intranet and CRM skills, particularly while tethered via laptop from a remote location.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel at least 50% overnight.
• Strong data analysis and computer skills. Need the ability to understand and analyze data and trends. Metrics Driven.
• A practical “nose for business” and strong problem solver, both strategically and tactically.
• Possesses a sense of urgency and willingness to seek opportunity. A high degree of credibility to be convincing and persuasive when faced with resistance.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.