Fond du Lac
BUYER II HYBRID OPPORTUNITY IN FOND DU LAC
We are thinkers, designers, and builders crafting extraordinary environments. Are you ready to join us?
At Elkay Interior Systems (EIS), we work side by side, dare to reimagine the future of design and manufacturing, innovate nonstop, and put our people first. Recognized globally for their creativity, craftsmanship, and talent, our people enrich every project and partnership they serve.
We provide a relaxed and flexible workspace inspired by our creative people. You’ll play an essential role in keeping us at the forefront of global innovation and customer satisfaction. Join our thriving creative community where your ideas make a difference.
Our Buyer II performs essential duties related to purchasing, sourcing, inventory management, supplier development, and material cost savings initiatives. Collaborates with various internal stakeholders to support desired supplier quality and delivery performance, appropriate inventory levels, and cost savings goals. Executes day-to-day buying functions as set-up within defined planner codes and defined vendors as well as:
- Issue PO’s, manage PORs, manage subcontract operations, schedule pick-ups and deliveries (as applicable), and perform material receipt transactions on outside operations.
- Maintain optimum inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements while minimizing purchase cost, carrying cost, and transportation cost.
- Analyze performance for continuity of supply, pricing, delivery, and quality satisfaction.
- Source and develop new suppliers, as necessary.
- Manage supplier relations and drive cost out and performance improvements though collaboration and communication.
- Execute regular negotiations with supply base to improve EIS total cost position.
- Obtain business and financial references of prospective suppliers and assist with supplier qualification.
- Analyze data related to material, production, and inventory planning.
- Collect and distribute forecast data to support supplier and/or VMI and inventory stocking programs.
- Assist in developing or monitoring analysis tools to make the supply chain as effective as possible.
- Gather, organize, and present data in support of planning, inventory control, and cost savings activities.
- Assist in maintaining item master control parameters that support and are aligned with the inventory control and production planning strategy.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of department metrics including supplier performance, inventory levels, and other measurements as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
- Associate degree or some higher education with job experience, Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent with a focus in business, operations, or related field; and 5+ years related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office required and working knowledge of an ERP system
- Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail
- Must be articulate, assertive and have excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize work effectively with high sense of urgency
- Strong math skills: ability to analyze sales and product statistics to support effective merchandising decisions