The Buyer/Planner intern will be a part of the Materials Department. The Buyer/Planner Intern will be responsible for providing specific project support throughout the plant. This internship is planned to start in Spring 2024 (flexible around class schedules) and go through Summer 2024 (full-time opportunities available following graduation). This internship will take place in Ripon, WI.
The identified projects will include, but are not limited to:
- Issue/maintaining purchase orders to suppliers
- Completing MRP on a weekly basis
- Working with manufacturing to understand plant needs/shortages
- Maintain the computer records for supplier data, effectivity dates, and other relevant entries
- Coordinate parts/materials availability with production scheduling, suppliers, engineering, and quality assurance
- Establish inventory planning and scheduling methods and systems that insure accomplishment of Customer Service and Inventory Reduction Objectives
- Methods to include KanBan, JIT, Vendor Managed Inventory, Demand Flow Technology, supply agreements, Demand Driven KanBan and other changes to continuously improve the performance of Materials Planning
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Operations and Supply Chain or Business Administration (preferred)
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Exceptional computer skills
- Experience using SAP is a plus
- Position involves sitting long periods, standing, manual dexterity, stooping, bending and minimal lifting
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.