The Buyer/Planner will utilize the MRP system to determine the need for purchase orders, revisions to purchase orders, and expedite/de-expedite purchase orders. This is necessary to insure finished goods are produced as scheduled to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Maintain the computer records for supplier data, effectivity dates, and other relevant entries.
- Coordinate parts/materials availability with production scheduling, suppliers, engineering, and quality assurance.
- Establish inventory planning and scheduling methods and systems that insure accomplishment of Customer Service and Inventory Reduction Objectives.
- Methods to include KanBan, JIT, Vendor Managed Inventory, Demand Flow Technology, supply agreements, Demand Driven KanBan and other changes to continuously improve the performance of Materials Planning.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors of Business Administration with an emphasis in Operations Management is preferred
- The ideal candidate will have attained their CPIM or be in the process of CPIM accreditation.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Exceptional computer skills
- Experience using SAP is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.