Join Our Movement!
Burke is growing rapidly and we’re looking for a knowledgeable, energetic, team-focused CAD Playground Design/Drafter to join our team and help us take play to a higher level.
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of innovation and enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)!
- Creative Design
Create playground designs that inspire movement, growth, development and FUN! Using our proprietary design software, prepare playground layout drawings, site plans and footing drawings that meet current playground safety guidelines.
- Collaborative Design
The Design Department is one of the ways we differentiate ourselves and we are looking for someone to help us continue our design leadership. You’ll be collaborating with our internal team and with our customers to achieve our mission of bringing play that moves you to communities around the world.
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for play!
- Added Bonus
A unique opportunity to work with a growing company and in an exciting atmosphere that promotes creativity and interaction! AND…AND…we get to test the products we develop. So basically, we play at work. Not all the time…but sometimes.
Qualifications That Move Us!
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree required in a related field; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High self-initiative, excellent communication skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate creative style and communicate designs to a variety of stakeholders.
- Command of AutoCAD, Sketchup and willingness to learn the Burke internal system.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills, ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail.
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.