The Arc Fond du Lac is a human service organization that empowers adults and youth with intellectual and developmental disabilities to become independent and integrated into the community through advocacy, education, training and support.
The Case Manager is responsible for serving a caseload of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD.) The Case Manager is responsible for developing an effective, person-centered, outcomes based management system for clients attending Adult Day Services. The individual is responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern Adult Day Services. This individual is required to drive organization vehicles to transport clients as needed, support clients in meeting personal care needs (including toileting, feeding, etc.), attend meetings, staff training, and other development opportunities as scheduled; and demonstrate compassion, enthusiasm, and initiative in the workplace. The Case Manager is responsible for ensuring the highest quality of care is provided to all participants. The position requires the employee to work closely with others in the field such as Family Care Organizations, Guardians and Community Partners.
Office Hours: 7:30 am- 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Unscheduled evening and weekend work may occasionally be necessary to fulfill job responsibilities. This is a 40 hour per week position. Benefit packages available include: Paid Time Off (PTO); paid holidays; health, vision, and dental insurance; and 401K.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work or related field.
- Current WI driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Working knowledge of computers, computer programs, typing, and data entry 4. Dependable, detailed oriented, people oriented, and team oriented
- Complete a background check and pre-employment drug screening
Preferred Knowledge Skills, and Abilities
- Two years’ experience working with persons with disabilities.
- Experience with managing crisis situations
- One years’ experience with staff supervision