This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, exercising organization nutrition, creativity, and culinary skills for Campus Dining and internal and external events conducted on-campus.
- Manage customer dining inquiries
- Order and manage the inventory of supplies for events
- Oversees preparation of the venue for the event
- Create and manage customer contracts
- Maintain accurate records of costs for catering services
- Collects payment for food and services as specified in contract
- Discusses menu choices and associated costs with clients
- Collaborates with chef regarding special items to be added to the menu
- Set tables for guest per customer request
- Confirm timely meal service and deliveries
- Serve food and drinks
- Understand safe food handling
- Serve alcohol per Wisconsin regulations
- Clean up and tear down the dining area including tableware, dishes, waste
- Ensure kitchen staff adhere to special dietary needs
- Sets up and arranges tables and chairs, serving stations, lines, and tableware
- Ensures the venue is clean and that food is handled in a sanitary manner
- Addresses problems or complaints concerning food or services provided
- Performs other work-related duties as necessary or as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Management Degree or experience
- 2 years’ experience in food preparation and service
- The ability to display leadership, hospitality and customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs (Microsoft products)
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Good communication skills
- Must be flexible, to include evening and weekends
- Willingly support the Mission and Core Values of the University
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use ‘Catering Manager’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.