Work and communicate with Owners, Restaurant and Catering Managers and Asst. Managers, Site Supervisor, Grillmaster and all employees to work together as a team to provide the best customer service possible. Work to achieve company goals to ensure the company’s share of market and profitability from service and products offered. Follow Safe Food Handling and Beverage Operator License procedures in preparing, and serving food and beverages to patrons at tables or to those picking up orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following:
- Service to customers and Satisfaction of our customers is 1st priority.
- Must be available on weekends.
- Site Supervisor and/or Grillmaster assigned on catering site should introduce themselves to customer.
- Deliver, setup & tear down display, including table coverings, equipment, serving utensils, food and beverage. (set-up should include covering serving tables with linen unless covered by a customer colored cloth or plastic covering.)
- Garnish and serve appetizers, salads, food and beverages as required.
- Cut and serve cake or other desserts as required.
- Help load and unload orders into delivery trucks.
- Know menu items and be able to answer questions about menu items regarding preparation, ingredients and cooking methods.
- Refill beverages as required.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables as required. Do not rush guests, but take away dishes and glasses upon completion.
- Clean tables and work area.
- Remove trash from site as required.
- Site Supervisor or Grillmaster assigned on site should verify with customer, satisfaction of service and food and settle invoice with customer.
- Upon return from catering site, assist in repackaging leftover food as required for customer pick up the next day.
- Resolve and log all service and/or product shortages and negative related issues. Have the ability to handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts.
- Work with Owners and all other company managers and staff to market overall company’s products and service.
- Advise Owners, Restaurant and Eden Catering Managers and Asst. Managers of any personnel situations or policy violations having any adverse effect on Catering operation.
- Report all accidents, maintenance issues, and customer incidents to Owners, Restaurant and Eden Catering Managers and Asst. Managers, Site Supervisor or Grillmaster immediately and complete proper paperwork as required.
- Communicate career opportunities to Owners, Restaurant and Eden Catering Managers and Asst. Managers, and staff.
- Knowledge of all aspects of CnD Specialties, Inc. – different businesses, products, and services available to customers.
- Grillmasters are responsible for cooking on grills, cleaning, and maintenance of grills.
- Others duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires: being able to work alone as well as with others; maintain high levels of dependability, integrity, and honesty; ability to be safety conscious and flexible (able to adapt to change); be able to work the days and hours required – based on the demands of business and store. MUST BE PLEASANT, OUTGOING WITH A SENSE OF HUMOR, AND HAVE A DESIRE TO SERVE OTHERS!
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Currently attend High School or possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Supervisor on site should have the ability to use office equipment such as calculator, copier, fax machine, credit card machines & telephone. All wait staff must have the ability to properly set up and provide maintenance and service to all other food or beverage-related equipment.
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, training and procedure manuals. Also have the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Must have the ability to use basic arithmetic to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages and end of shift reports. Ability to prepare guest checks and calculate monetary exchange.
Must have the ability to understand and implement responsibilities as an employee the responsibilities of the organization outlined in the Employee Manual and apply instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to resolve job-related problems, set priorities for self as well as others, and keep things organized.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, physical activities will require considerable use of arms and legs and moving your whole body such as; use of hands and fingers to write, use cash registers, calculators, credit card machines, produce and serve product; talk and hear; stand, walk, stretch, stoop, reach and be able to stand for a minimum of eight hours at a time; lift and stock cases of beverages and groceries up to 40 lbs.; handle multiple tasks simultaneously and manage time well; reliably get to and from work.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Disclaimer: The list of Requirements, Duties, and Responsibilities is not exhaustive, but is merely the most accurate list of the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the Position Description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example: emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, or technology developments.