St. Agnes Hospital
Category – Support Services
Department – SPIRITUAL CARE SERVICES
Job Type – Full time, Day Shift
It’s more than a career, it’s a calling. WI-St. Agnes Hospital
Worker Type: Regular
Job Summary: Responds to the emotional and spiritual needs of patients, family members, and fellow employees. Participates in multidisciplinary teams.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Meets the spiritual and emotional needs of patients/families through timely assessment, intervention, and communication.
- As measured by employee satisfaction, collaborates with co-workers to accomplish departmental goals and offers assistance to balance workload.
- Contributes to the satisfaction of the medical staff by responding to physician referrals in the same day they are received.
- Contributes to a safe environment by reporting all safety/security risks.
- Intervenes in crisis situations to provide support in navigating the initial spiritual and emotional issues for patients, families and co-workers.
- Contributes to the overall financial performance of the department by following policies and procedures, working efficiently, and reporting needed changes.
- Precepts, mentors, or participates in certification process, reviewing materials with potential candidates for certification.
- Covers on call shifts as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree, four units of CPE and advanced certification
- One year experience
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Licenses / Certifications:
Board Certified Chaplain (BCC) – Association of Professional Chaplains, Board Certified Chaplain (BCC) – Board of Chaplaincy Certification Inc (BCCI), Chaplain – National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC)
Work Shift: Day Shift (United States of America)
Department: 8471000038 SPIRITUAL CARE SERVICES
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 32
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.Explore Location