2ND, 2:30pm – 12:00am
Realize your ambition. Say cheese!
You are a punctual self-starter who works professionally in both a team environment as well as individually. You have a willingness to take direction. You like to work with your hands. You have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude. You are known for your ability to learn new skills.
Your Passion. Our Culture.
At Sargento, you work for a company you believe in, with a family of people who believe in you. Our culture stems from a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. At Sargento, you can make decisions based on how they affect people as well as the long-term health of our company. You will be encouraged to make a meaningful difference in the community, in the company and in your career. With diverse experiences and tools to learn and develop, you can transform your aspirations into reality. If you’re ready for the right place to belong and grow your career, you can find it here.
- Work safely as part of a team to produce quality products.
- Handle and fill sticks of string cheese into a variety of packaging machines.
- Read and understand production orders to verify information is correct.
- Communicates effectively and accurately.
- Is mindful of the food production process and ensures food safety and quality standards are met.
- Is dependable and takes pride in working with a team.
- As necessary, use cleaning chemicals to sanitize and clean equipment and production areas.
Your Education and Experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED/HSED) required or minimally enrolled with anticipated completion in 12 months or less
- Prior manufacturing experience is a plus
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn and carry out lock out tag out procedures as required.
- Lifting 25 lbs. frequently.
Sargento is a refrigerated food production facility and the ability to work in a cold environment is a necessity. Machinery, moving mechanical parts, and robotics are used during production, so the work environment is usually loud. During sanitation work, you may be exposed to wet, humid, damp conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With 2,000 employees and net sales of $1.5 billion, Sargento Foods is a family-owned company that has been a leader in cheese for more than 60 years. We created the world’s first, successful pre-packaged sliced and shredded natural cheeses. Sargento is based in Plymouth, Wisconsin, where we manufacture and market shredded, sliced and snack natural cheese products, as well as ingredients and sauces. Sargento is known for the exceptional quality of our products and for product design, packaging and merchandising innovations that have transformed our industry.