At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We’re a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence. Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we’ve grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter–from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
As a Research & Development Trainee you will research, design, and evaluate materials, assemblies, processes, and equipment within the plants. You will also sample numerous milk, whey, and cheese products to ensure that they meet customer, government, and Saputo projects as well as analyze the results. Other duties will be carried out as requested.
How You Will Make Contributions That Matter:
- Responsible for microbiological, analytical, and organoleptic analysis of all milk, whey, and cheese products for conformance to government, customer, and Saputo specifications. Must be able to perform all lab testing.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Perform sample preparation and any analytical tests as needed, including moisture, pH, salt, fat, total solids, chlorides, COD, rennet, starter activity, mojonnier, kjeldahls, Gel Electrophoresis etc. Interpret the results.
- Set-up, operate, maintain, clean, and calibrate all pieces of lab equipment on a daily basis.
- Sort and analyze sample results efficiently and ensure information is reported in a timely manner.
- Responsible for awareness of all aspects of laboratory testing and quality related tasks.
- Provide Technical Support to designated plants in the U.S.
- Maximize plant profitability by monitoring raw material utilization, plant efficiencies, ingredient recoups and analytical targets.
- Monitor and maintain or improve the quality of products from plants.
- Review and analyze problems in plant and be part of corrective action.
- Review cheese make records and make recommendations for improvement.
- Document all research work and changes or implementations made at plants.
- Network with all resources available and keep up on new technologies within the Dairy Industry.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Help aid in the recommending, installation, and commissioning of new plant equipment and processes.
- Assist in coordinating product development activities at the plants.
You Are Best Suited for The Role If You….
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Dairy Technology, or a related field.
- Are proficient in data collection, analysis, and reporting using Microsoft Word, graphing, creating, and managing Excel spreadsheets.
- Have the ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Are able to interpret a variety of technical information in mathematical and/or narrative form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Have the ability to work flexible hours and travel 50% of the time.
- Have demonstrated excellent writing skills.
- Have the ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts.
- Are self-motivated, possess good organizational skills, are detail-oriented, prioritize accuracy, can multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Have experience or education in corporate communications.
- Are proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software
- Have the ability to be flexible and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have the ability to work scheduled hours and required overtime as needed.
- Display traits of reliability, honesty, respect, attention to detail, and punctuality.
- Can work independently, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate professionalism and positively represents and promotes Saputo at all times.
We Support and Care for Our Employees by Providing Them With…
- Development opportunities that enhance you career fulfillment.
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help you care for your family.
- Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products.
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we’re proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).