FVSBank seeks an experienced individual to join our dynamic leadership team. The right candidate will be growth minded, possess a deep understanding of commercial and mortgage lending, a strong commitment to preserving safety and soundness and desire to help others succeed.
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership of the bank in identifying and implementing lending strategies to increase profitable, sustainable growth of the bank’s mortgage and commercial lending/servicing portfolios.
- Evaluate new markets, business lines and products for growth, making recommendations and creating strategies using this knowledge to best position the bank to grow and achieve our strategic objectives.
- Maintain strong asset quality of the bank, ensuring regulatory compliance via collaboration with internal compliance and successful safety and soundness exams.
- Monitor ongoing portfolio performance and growth, including Board reporting.
- Effectively operate as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, creating the long-term strategies and organizational alignment around these strategies to ensure the bank’s success.
- Provide leadership to a growing team of originators and lenders.
- Leverage strength of existing talent and attract and retain staff to meet bank’s business objectives.
- Foster an environment of internal collaboration to generate exceptional performance.
- Forward looking vision.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary in order to meet the bank’s goals and objectives.
1. Works with direct reports to set performance standards that are specific and measurable.
- BS/BA in Business Administration and/or Finance from four-year college or university or equivalent experience
- Completion of Graduate School of Banking is desirable
- Minimum of 10 years of extensive banking experience, including mortgage and commercial lending/services strongly preferred.
- At least five years management experience
- Knowledge of SBA 7(a) and 504 loan programs preferred.
- Proven track record of relationship-based loan production.
- High degree of personal integrity and drive for excellence.
- Strong analytical/synthesis skills
- Proven ability to develop/build processes and procedures
- Strong organizational skills
- Decision making/creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Leadership and management skills
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff
- Ability to work with confidential materials
- Excellent integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet individual goals along with the ability to contribute in a team-oriented environment to ensure departmental and bank wide goals are met
- Desire and ability to abide by the Bank’s core values, as outlined in the Strategic Plan
- The ability to sit for lengthy periods of time
- Frequent use of computer, calculator another office equipment
- Frequent local travel including driving of vehicle
- Maintain or improve quality of credit controls within Bank
- Maintain or improve asset quality measures
- Internal customer service feedback
- Feedback solicited from Board and Loan Committee members
- Continuous monitoring and enhancement of Bank’s overall credit philosophy and policies
- Collaborative relationships built and maintained with other banking areas
- Loan portfolio quality and growth
- A working knowledge of Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan Programs, policies and procedures as well as traditional and alternative loan programs
- Frequency and quality of credit and lending training
- Expense control