This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Child Watch Attendant will assist in the planning, implementing and supervision of the daily activities for a designated group of children.
1. Be comfortable working to implement the Mission Statement of the YMCA. The Fond du Lac Family YMCA is a non-profit charitable association dedicated to putting Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
2. Maintain the physical environment of the Child Watch
3. Plans daily activities for children who may attend and guide them through these activities, remains an active participant with the children through all activities
4. Creates a nurturing learning environment for the children by arranging the room in a developmentally appropriate manner and rotating equipment weekly
5. Responsible for the safety, supervision, and activities for all assigned children at all times
6. Responsible for the daily attendance records, collection of fees and for any other required reports for the administration of Child Watch
7. Communicates child progress and/or problems with parents on a daily basis verbally
8. Maintains the classroom in an orderly manner ensuring that daily sanitizing/cleaning and basic health and safety codes are always met
9. Act as a positive role model using the YMCA’s core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility
10. Be aware and implement all safety precautions and emergency procedures when necessary
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Child Watch Supervisor
12. Attendance must be reliable and consistent
13. Must remain in Child Watch during shift
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Child Abuse & Neglect Training with on-boarding
2. Must be able to easily move through all program areas and effectively communicate and actively interact with children and parents.
3. Must be able to lift and carry (5 – 50 pounds)
4. Must be able to perform physical functions necessary to program instruction, including but not limited to squatting, bending, kneeling
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities.
SEND APPLICATIONS TO:
Fond du Lac Family YMCA
Attn: Human Resources
90 W. 2nd Street
Fond du Lac, WI 54935