|Job Title||Claims Representative – (General Liability Focused)|
|Home Department:||Property, Auto, and Liability Claims|
|Employment Status:||Exempt; Full-time|
|Schedule:||40 hours/week with Flexible Scheduling Opportunities|
|Position Location:||Home Office, Telecommuting, or Remote Opportunities|
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking a Claims Representative to join our Property, Auto, and Liability (PAL) Claims team! This individual would have a focus on resolving mild to complex general liability claims.
About the Role
- Settles mildly to complex claims by determining liability and reaches agreement with claimant according to policy provisions and authority level.
- Determines coverage through investigations by examining claim forms, policies, and other records; interviewing claimants, insureds, and witnesses; consulting police and hospital records; inspecting auto and/or property damage; and consulting with experts as needed.
- Resolves questionable claims by investigating the claim and reviewing the evidence.
- Ensures proper file documentation of assigned files by complying with company and state requirements.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing claim information.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending continuing education classes and courses.
- You enjoy communicating and building relationships with others.
- You are composed, cool under pressure, and can negotiate without damaging relationships.
- You hold yourself accountable and act in accordance with rules and regulations.
- You enjoy analyzing, investigating, and using the facts to make decisions.
- You are naturally curious and have a desire to know more.
What it Will Take
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field OR 3+ years of claims handling experience.
- Familiarity with PC Applications.
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper licensing prior to handling a state that requires it.
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Previous claims handling experience highly desirable.
What Society Can Offer
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- Education: Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.