|Job Title||Claims Representative II – PAL Claims|
|Home Department:||Property, Auto, & Liability Claims|
|Employment Status:||Exempt; Full-time|
|Schedule:||40 hours/week with Flexible Scheduling Opportunities|
|Position Location:||Telecommuting and/or corporate office|
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking a Claims Representative II to join our PAL Claims team. The Claims Representative will resolve mildly complex claims on multiple lines of coverage (emphasis on Auto and Liability) by investigating losses and negotiating out-of-court settlements.
About the Role
- Settles mildly complex claims by determining insurance carrier’s liability and reaches agreement with claimant according to policy provisions and authority level.
- Handles subrogation within authority level and accepts verbal recorded settlement agreements on losses less than $5,000.
- Determines coverage through investigations by examining claim forms, policies, and other records; interviewing claimants, insureds, and witnesses; consulting police and hospital records; inspecting auto and/or liability claims; and consulting with experts when appropriate.
- Mentors and trains claims representatives in claims expertise by assisting in identifying training needs and opportunities.
- May be involved with litigation by analyzing negotiated settlement options; evaluating evidence, and overseeing attorney in the handling of discovery and settlement.
- Resolves questionable claims by investigating the claim and comparing claims information with evidence.
- Ensures proper file documentation of assigned files by complying with company and state requirements.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing claim information.
- Contributes to team effort by participating on catastrophe teams; participating in determining department investigation guidelines; providing feedback to underwriting as needed.
- You enjoy communicating and building relationships with others.
- You are composed, cool under pressure, and can negotiate without damaging relationships.
- You hold yourself accountable and act in accordance with rules and regulations.
- You enjoy analyzing, investigating, and using the facts to make decisions.
- You are naturally curious and have a desire to know more.
What it Will Take
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of claims handling experience OR 5+ years of claims handling experience.
- Proficiency in auto/liability/casualty claims demonstrated through knowledge and experience in insurance policies and coverage, claim payment procedures, insurance regulations, and legal terminology.
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper licensing prior to handling a state that requires it.
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Professional insurance designations highly desirable.
What Society Can Offer
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- Education: Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement