St. Agnes Hospital
Category – Clinical Support
Department – Medical/Surgical 6S
Job Type – Part time, Evening Shift
It’s more than a career, it’s a callingWI-St. Agnes Hospital
Worker Type: Regular
$1,500 SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE!
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God
Peace, hope, and health for every person, family and community, especially those most in need
Compassion, respect, excellence, stewardship, and community
St Agnes Hospital is looking for a passionate CNA to join our Cardiac Medical Surgical department! Cardiac Med Surg is part of a very progressive cardiovascular service line with a fast pace. If you are up for a challenge, want to learn and go, or are eager to do something new, this is a great place to expand your knowledge and skillset!
New grads as well as experienced CNA’s are encouraged to apply.
This is a part-time, benefit eligible position scheduled for 20 hours per week on the evening shift with rotating weekends and holidays.
- Comprehensive suite of health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401k, HAS/FSA, and generous PTO
- Daily Pay for qualifying positions
- Established employee recognition program
- Commitment to employee wellness through our EAP, well-being checks with leaders, flexible work schedule where feasible, and online wellness opportunities. Select locations also offer free on-site fitness center access, meditation rooms, and serenity gardens
- A culture that supports professional development including tuition reimbursement and discounts, participations in the Federal Loan Forgiveness Program, professional development days, opportunities for career advancement and much more
- 40% discount on eyeglasses through SSM Health Eye Care Optical Shops at select locations
- Employee Relief Fund to help with life’s unexpected financial emergencies
- Commitment to caring through philanthropy, volunteer opportunities, and PTO donation program
*Sign on bonuses are for external qualified candidates. Internal candidates, please check with your recruiter to see what options are available for you.
Job Summary: Assists in performing a variety of nursing care services for patients.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Receives patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN) in charge. Initiates delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient age group served.
- Collects and documents data for the admission assessment and reassessment at specific times for patient population. Documents and provides appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for analysis and validation of patient’s response to care or treatment and when significant change occurs in the patient’s condition.
- Contributes to safety and quality care by relaying information via charting and communicating to team members.
- Informs licensed nurse of any changes in patient condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant other educational needs.
- Answers patients’ calls for help, takes their vital signs, and monitors their behavior and physical condition for progress or deterioration. Assists with baths, ambulating, feeding, skin care, personal and oral hygiene and making occupied and unoccupied beds. Performs dressing changes, enemas, ostomy care, toileting, turning, cough and deep breathing, catheter care, collection of biological specimens, measuring and recording intake and output of fluids.
- Prepares patients for discharge and accompanies them upon dismissal as indicated.
- Stocks and maintains supplies and equipment in keeping with patient care needs and cost containment. Utilizes time and supplies economically and conscientiously.
- Assists with delegated clerical duties such as answering telephones, relaying messages, transcription of physician orders, preparing and organizing the patient’s medical record.
- Orients new patients and significant others to the nursing unit.
- Performs mechanical and manual operation of equipment as recommended in user’s manual, with ability to recognize common mechanical problems and initiate appropriate corrective action.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Passing grade on state of work location required exam.
- No experience required
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting, squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
Licenses / Certifications:Advanced Unlicensed Assistant – Oklahoma Board of Nursing (OBN), Basic Life Support (BLS) – American Heart Association (AHA), Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) – American Heart Association (AHA), Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) – Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) – Oklahoma State Department of Health, Certified Nurse Assistant/Nurse Aide (CNA) – American Red Cross, Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) – Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) – Wisconsin Department of Health Services, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) – Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry, FUTURE – Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) within 90 days – American Heart Association (AHA)
Work Shift: Evening Shift (United States of America)
Job Type: Employee
Department: 1004000038 Medical/Surgical 6S
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 20
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.