New hire retention bonus eligible position!!! $500 paid after 6 months of acceptable performance, $1500 paid after 12 months of acceptable performance!!!!
About the Job:
Sets up and operates CNC milling machines and lathes by performing the following duties:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to drawing specifications.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate speed, feed, depth, and angle of cut.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Responsible for complete machine programming, change over, and setup. Must be experienced/comfortable completing numerous change overs per shift/day.
Preferred Qualifications, Education, Skills:
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and knowledge of CNC machining on either mills and/or lathes. Knowledge and experience with Hass equipment is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Master Cam programming is preferred, but not required. Machining programming and set up experience is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and assembly drawings. Must be able to do their own layout.
- Able to perform in a manufacturing environment that may have high noise levels, dust, chemicals, oil, and grease.
- Able to work in an environment that may be either hot, cold, or humid.
- Frequently stand, walk, bend, stoop and kneel.
- Lift and or move up to 25 pounds regularly, up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Use manual dexterity to move and inspect materials
- Have the visual acuity to see near, far and peripherally with good depth perception
Marchant Schmidt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 920-921-4760 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.