Fond du Lac
Schedule Details/Additional Information:
Tuesday: 8am – 5pmWednesday: 8am – 5pmThursday: 8am – 5pmFriday: 8am – 5pm
- Answer all incoming/internal calls on the AMCOM/Alcatel system. Direct calls to the appropriate department/individual. Aid callers dialing out.
- Respond to any signals from the emergency panel and wall. Follow policy and procedure to alert all required personnel involved in the emergency. Monitor cameras and notify Public Safety if necessary.
- Page hospital personnel upon request. Overhead page to announce emegencies, codes, drills, etc. Exchange/troubleshoot broken pagers as needed and maintain database.
- Perform minor phone repairs and exchange, replacing handsets, cords, etc. as needed on staff and patient rooms. Log and report trouble in to the Telecom analyst and/or AMCOM.
- Provide documentation on various logs, reports, projects, etc.
- Maintain personnel work schedule in a professional manner, being flexible and covering absences when needed. Arriving for scheduled shifts in time to be logged in and ready to take calls at start time.
- High school diploma or equivalent. 1 year experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to speak English fluently. Good communication skills. Good keyboarding skills. Must type 30 wpm preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to see/utilize information from board, screens, over-head monitors and alarm panels. Must be detail oriented. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be a good multi-tasker. Must be patient and compassionate with callers. Must be able to sit thru shift.
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.