It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
The Design Analysis Group at Mercury Marine is looking for a CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Engineer to support the design and development of conventional marine IC engines, electrified marine engines, drive systems, and vessels for optimized fluid flow and heat transfer using computational fluid dynamics software.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate initial concepts, production design and optimize the flow and heat transfer of IC engine components and electrified engine components.
- Perform multiphase hydrodynamic analysis of propellers, drives and boats.
- Work closely with design and development engineers to help provide design inputs and perform trade off studies that will improve the product.
- Work closely with test engineers to specify testing and instrumentation needed to validate results and new methods.
- Identify potential areas for new method development, work with experts to test and deploy.
- Coordinate work package between onsite and offshore team.
- Document analysis findings and share the results with stakeholders, engineering partners and leaders.
- Work independently when needed to develop solutions.
- Minimum B.S degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics engineering or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer
- Exposure to numerical methods and engineering analysis.
- Exposure to thermal management of battery, motors, and power electronic components.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to share analysis results and drive discussions.
- M.S in Mechanical or Mechatronics engineering with specialization in fluid dynamics and heat transfer.
- 5+ years of experience in computational fluid dynamics and heat transfer.
- 5+ years of experience performing conjugate heat transfer analysis, multiphase and phase change analysis, fluid structure interaction and dynamic mesh using commercial fluids software’s, preferably Siemens SIMCENTER STAR-CCM+ and/or ANSYS FLUENT.
- Experience with Creo and ANSYS SpaceClaim is a plus.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.