Michels Road & Stone, Inc. is shaping the future. We provide and place materials for road, airport, mass excavation and shoreline protection projects. Our projects are large; the tolerance for error is tiny. Our leaders, field crews and massive fleet of specialized equipment is focused on excellence. Are you? Our work improves lives. Find out how a career at Michels Road & Stone, Inc. can change yours.
As a Concrete Finisher, your key responsibility will be to prep, place, and finish concrete in road construction projects. You will load and unload finishing tools from the job site; set forms; spread, shape, and finish wet concrete for proper grade; and inspect finished product for completion.
Why Michels Road & Stone, Inc.?
- We will never ask you to prioritize speed ahead of safety
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We share experience and insights to develop industry leaders
- We are a part of the Michels family of companies – one of North America’s largest, most diversified energy and infrastructure contractors
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including Health, Dental, Life, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) plan, Legal Plan, and Identity Theft and Monitoring Plan. Depending on your position and location you may participate in a different benefit plan.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You enjoy working independently
- You have a strong attention to detail
What it takes:
- Previous concrete finishing experience,
- Strong mathematical skills and knowledge of tools such as: bull float, broom, rake and straight edge.
- Capability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift over 75lbs on a repetitive basis.
- A Commercial Driver’s License is preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to work under a union collective bargaining agreement.