Northcentral Construction is currently seeking experienced candidates for the position of Site Manager.
The Site Manager position is key to productivity and thus profitability. This role also requires significant experience working on and managing construction sites. Experience as a contractor is extremely helpful in this role.
Site Managers must be a leader with a high level of initiative and the ability to deal with a variety of personalities. They must be a problem solver who can effectively communicate solutions to crew leaders and tradespeople.
This position requires high levels of organization and attention to detail. You need to ensure that contractors complete their work according to time and budget expectations and meet all milestones. A Site Manager must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
The site manager will monitor progress, oversee delivery of materials and carry out safety checks and sort out any problems which could hold up work as they arise. A site manager always keeps in close contact with team members.
While the construction site manager’s specific duties can vary greatly from day to day, they tend to have several core responsibilities.
Schedule and Budget
- The site manager is responsible for ensuring the project is completed on time and within budget.
- One of the core duties of the site manager is directing and overseeing the activities and schedule of a range of contractors and subcontractors.
- Construction site managers set contractor schedules and delivery dates for certain elements of ongoing construction projects. This can involve determining the order in which contractors work on a series of projects, ensuring that they have available materials, and making sure contractors do not cause one another delays due to conflicting project elements.
- Planning and supervising field staff, including determining a logistics plan, staffing levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
Coordination and Problem Solving
- You will be responsible for establishing a team concept among all trades on site.
- Along with the Project Manager, maintaining liaison with designers, subcontractors, estimators and tradespeople to ensure that work complies with drawings, specifications and schedule.
- Resolving problems involving coordination and productivity.
- The construction site manager also identifies opportunities to save by reducing wasteful practices and increasing efficiency.
Paperwork and Documentation
- Completing daily reports describing the activities completed, critical conversations and issues, weather conditions, etc. Entering reports into the project management software being utilized on site.
- You will help coordinate and write site reports, review and mark up drawings, and other necessary documents.
- Construction site managers play a vital role in maintaining jobsite safety. This includes enforcing standards and making multiple daily site walks to ensure that contractors and crews are following proper safety protocols.
- You work to minimize risk, resolve violations and potential hazards, and prepare incident reports in case of an accident or injury.
- You are responsible for documenting and ensuring that prevention and corrective measures are implemented when there are safety concerns
Northcentral Construction Bio
Northcentral is a place where you can work independently, is family oriented and treats employees with respect. This is a professional culture and environment that works as a team toward the goal of project completion and company success.
We serve a number of different sectors including multifamily, senior housing, tax credit, retail, commercial, hospitality, residential care, senior living, memory care and historic rehabilitation. Projects can range from $500,000 – $25 million and include wood frame, block and steel stud buildings. Projects include ground-up, renovation, restoration and rehabilitation. We typically self-preform rough and finish carpentry and concrete work.
3-5 years of experience in construction site management is desired. Your experience should have successful experience of the various sectors listed above with emphasis on 3-4 story wood frame and commercial construction.
You must be able to travel. When traveling and staying out of town lodging is paid by the company and a daily per diem is paid. You must be a team player and communicate well with management, your team and field staff to accomplish company goals. You should live within a reasonable commute to the Fond du Lac office.
- Vacation – up to 15 days paid vacation
- 6 Paid Holiday’s – Christmas, New Years, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day and Thanksgiving
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance Company pays part of employee and dependent premiums
- Short Term Disability – the Company provides short term disability to all employees.
- Transportation – a vehicle is supplied, all gas and maintenance costs paid by company
- Company Charge Card to be used for company related expenses
- Technology Package includes cell phone, laptop computer or tablet and camera.
- Retirement Plan: a 401 plan is available with a company match and both traditional and ROTH options.
Base Salary: $50,000 to $ 82,000 per year negotiated based on experience
Bonuses: Annual bonuses are based on individual performance