Join Our Movement!
We’re a growing company that designs and manufactures playground equipment for communities all around the world! Be part of something bigger with Burke by Joining Our Movement! We’re looking for a Controller to work at Burke Headquarters and lead our awesome Accounting team!
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of innovation and enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)! No good accounting role is complete without an adding machine, circa 1960 of course, unlimited beans for counting, a lifetime supply of No. 2 pencils and a hilarious group of coworkers who like to have a good time while working hard.
This role helps lead the Burke Accounting Team in these key areas:
- Oversee the “close the books” process and preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements, including Income Statement, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet in accordance with GAAP
- Develop, coach and mentor the Accounting team to facilitate organizational growth, continued success and retention of talent
- Ensure compliance with all applicable standards and legal requirements, including filings and tax obligation
- Reviews all account reconciliations on a monthly basis to ensure financial statement accuracy
- Lead the annual budgeting process and financial statement audit
- Oversee Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and the payroll process
- Work closely with the CFO to manage cash flow
- Develop and communicate actionable financial information to assist Burke’s management team to make business decisions
- Assist the CFO and leadership team with evaluation of potential acquisitions and strategic business opportunities
- Conduct regular performance appraisals, drive accountability, provide mentorship for on-going people development and promote Purple Passion culture
- Foster financial and budget training across the organization to facilitate an increasing knowledge base, culture of cost savings and astute financial decision making
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for play!
Qualifications That Move Us!
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting at a manufacturer and public accounting experience
- Computer Skills – Proficient in Accounting and ERP software (Workwise experience is beneficial); Microsoft Office Applications; knowledge of Qlikview Business Analysis tool a plus
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and is a team player with good verbal communication skills
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.