It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Work for the undisputed leader in the Marine Industry! Mercury Marine, a Division of Brunswick Corporation based in Fond du Lac, WI, is a unique, fun, and rewarding place to work. Our fast-paced, high-energy environment fosters professional growth and satisfaction while recognizing and valuing individual performance. We are hiring an experienced Controls Technician to help us keep growing. If you’re dedicated and ambitious, Mercury Marine is an excellent place to grow your career. Don’t hesitate to apply.
If we can move boats through the water at record speeds, imagine what we can do for your career!
As a Controls Technician you will work collaboratively and independently with highly qualified manufacturing professionals who are responsible for the electrical controls of production equipment used to manufacture outboard and sterndrive motors for the recreational boating industry.
You will be an integral member of a manufacturing team committed to delivering superior results. You’ll work with a team of managers, supervisors, technicians, and production employees on the plant floor, as you own and manage assigned projects from inception to completion.
- Modify and maintain ABB Robot programs for existing and new production equipment.
- Inspects, tests, adjusts, and maintains all instruments, control, and electrical systems to ensure equipment is in good working condition
- Preforms preventative maintenance duties on all major equipment and systems
- Works on plant distributed control system, including troubleshooting and configuration changes.
- Maintains complete equipment files, logs, and drawings for all designated equipment.
- Submits requisitions for spare parts and assists in managing inventory. Helps to forecast needs for parts and equipment, particularly during planned maintenance outages.
- Participates in administrative maintenance of the plant operating manuals, technical references, diagrams, and maintenance records.
- Inspects, tests, repairs, replaces as necessary control equipment, wiring, electrical signal, and communications systems.
- Organizes technical data and completes appropriate records and reports
- Maintains a functional knowledge of the operations software and hardware
- Works closely with all team members to ensure each task is completed in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Assists in the control of quality and productivity while maintaining good housekeeping standards on a continual basis
- Attends safety meetings and training programs and participates in plant safety programs as required.
Qualifications of a successful candidate:
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent work experience. Related college courses or relevant Associates Degree preferred.
- Allen Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers: 2 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical Knowledge: 2 years (Preferred)
- ABB Robot Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Availability to work full-time (40 or more hours per week)
- Dependable, self-motivated, and engaged learner
- Need to be able to communicate effectively
- Ability to occasionally lift to 35 lbs.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.