This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, supporting the chef in providing creative, nutritional dining for Student Dining, Common Grounds Coffee Shop and Stayer Catering Services to enhance the overall dining experience for Students, Faculty, Staff and guests.
- Ensure quality food products
- Follow recipes coordinated with Chef
- Support plate presentation and buffet style meals
- Compile with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ability to open kitchen by operating kitchen equipment including boilers, ovens, grills, and fryers
- Ensures timely meal service and deliveries.
- Understand costs and budget
- Maintain relationships with Faculty, Staff and Administration, as well as outside constituents.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Culinary Degree
- 2 years’ experience in food preparation and service
- The ability to display leadership, hospitality and customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs (Microsoft products)
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume with name, email address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please put ‘Cook’ in the subject line of email.
Applications will be received until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.