Title – Cross Categorical Teacher with EBD Emphasis
School/Building – Fond du Lac High School
Number of Openings – 1
Close Date (11:59 p.m. Central) – Open until filled
Name – Troy McDonald
Title – Director of Pupil Services
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 920-906-6521
Position Start Date – 8/21/2023
Salary/Wage – $43,927 – $79,109 (22-23 Teacher Compensation Plan)
Terms/Schedule – 23-24 school year
Appointment Type – Full Time
Description – 23The Fond du Lac School District has an opening for a Cross Categorical Special Education Teacher with EBD emphasis at Fond du Lac High School.
LOCATION: East Central Wisconsin. Award-winning schools and staff. Sixty miles north of Milwaukee on Highway 41. Easy driving distance to University of Wisconsin systems located in Oshkosh, Madison, Milwaukee, and Green Bay. UW Campus (two years) and Marian University (four years) located in Fond du Lac.
SCHOOLS: 14 schools – one high school, grades 9-12, including an alternative high school, grades 9-12; three middle schools, grades 6-8; nine elementary schools, grades 4K-5; one STEM charter school serving grades 6 – 12.
City population and surrounding area which constitutes the school district, approximately 45,000.
Individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
STUDENT DEMOGRAPHICS: American Indian-.4%, Asian:-3%, Black-8%, Hispanic-14%, Pacific Islander-.1%, White-69%, Two or more:-6%
DISTRICT MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of the Fond du Lac School District, in partnership with the family and the community, is to promote high achievement and foster the continuous growth of the whole child, so that each becomes a creative, contributing citizen in a global society by providing personalized learning opportunities in a safe, nurturing environment.
- Belief that students must receive a high quality educational experience resulting in high student achievement
- Belief in advancing the learning of all students in the district by addressing the entire range of inequities across race, ethnicity, social class, ability, gender, sexual/gender identity and their intersections.
- Belief that the principal serves as an instructional leader.
- Belief in the Professional Learning Community Model and the RTI / PBIS Framework.
- Belief in collaborative and collective problem solving.
- Belief that each student has intrinsic value and is a unique individual with different needs and abilities.
- Belief and background in educational accountability and that schools are accountable to the community.
- Belief in parent and community based partnerships and that families, schools, and community empower students to become responsible and accountable citizens.
- Belief that positive and productive relationships create and support an environment conducive to optimal learning.
The Fond du Lac School District does not discriminate in the employment of support staff on the basis of the Protected Classes of race, color, national origin, age, sex (including transgender status, change of sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity) pregnancy, creed or religion, genetic information, handicap or disability, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, military service (as defined in 111.31, Wis. Stats.), ancestry, arrest record, conviction record, use or non-use of lawful products off the District’s premises during non-working hours, declining to attend an employer-sponsored meeting or to participate in any communication with the employer about religious matters or political matters, or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment practices.
Years of Experience – 0
Degree – Bachelor
Cross Categorical Special Education
Emotional Behavioral Disability
Letters of Recommendation
Transcripts & Licenses/Certifications