Fond du Lac
Employment Status: Part time / 20-25 hours per week
Standard Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-12pm
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non- exempt
Perform routine janitorial work of facilities, buildings under general supervision and additional maintenance duties as needed. The custodian plays an essential role in cleaning and sanitizing the facility and supporting a healthy and safe environment. Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors and removing rubbish. Duties may include cleaning snow or debris from sidewalk.
– Use cleaning supplies and equipment to keep the interior of the building looking clean and professional
– Respond to requests quickly and with a professional manner
– Adhere to the company’s safety policies to create a safe work environment for everyone
– Perform cleaning tasks based on a daily check list
– Service, clean, and supply restrooms and break rooms
– Proven experience as custodian/janitor
– Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
– Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
– Attention to detail and conscientiousness
– High school diploma is preferred but not require
– Must be at least 18 years of age
– Must have the ability to work independently
This position is routinely required to work in an environment that produces a large amount of noise.
This position requires you to stand 100% of the time. The position also requires the use of hands to finger, handle or touch more than 2/3 of the time. This position does require the individual to lift up to 30 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. occasionally.
Each employee is responsible for performing these functions in a safe manner while providing quality service: stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position may require the ability to work before or after normal business hours to accommodate customer needs.