Part Time, Permanent
Do you have a passion for cleaning and customer service? The custodian position is a critical role at the YMCA. Custodians make members feel comfortable by cleaning, maintenance, and overall upkeep. Cleaning has become even more important to the overall customer experience. The Fond du Lac Family YMCA is looking for a daytime custodian to clean and sanitize the offsite gymnastics center, including such duties as mopping, dusting, and trash removal.
- Completes all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment.
- Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
- Records and reports all needed repairs.
- Ensures YMCA Gymnastics building, and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
- May set up for events.
Work Days: 20-25 hours per week / Monday -Friday, Flexible daytime hours
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
- Must be able to work independently without continuous supervision
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
- Blood Borne Pathogens Training within 30 days of employment
- Must be able to easily move through all program areas and effectively communicate and actively interact with customers.
- Must be able to lift and carry (5 – 50 pounds)
- Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, & aerosol forms.
Free YMCA Membership